Effective Date: January 1, 2023
- Who Does This Policy Cover?
- How is This Policy Updated?
- What Personal Information Does Animal Supply Collect?
- How Does Animal Supply Use Your Personal Information?
- What About Analytics Services Provided by Others?
- How Does Animal Supply Disclose Your Personal Information?
- Where Does Animal Supply Process and Store Your Information?
- What Are Your Privacy Rights and Choices?
- Are There Additional Disclosures for Individuals Located in California?
- How Can You Contact Us?
Who Does This Policy Cover?
This Policy applies to personal information we collect both online and offline, including when you access or use our website and mobile application (collectively, the “Services”), attend our events, contact customer support, or otherwise interact with us. In some cases, we may provide different or additional policies or notices about our information practices. For instance, we may provide different privacy policies or notices for certain programs or activities, or subsidiaries or affiliates, in which case this Policy will not apply.
How is This Policy Updated?
Animal Supply may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the Effective Date above and, in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (for example, by adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification), such as in connection with making material changes to this Policy. We encourage you to review this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the choices available to you.
What Personal Information Does Animal Supply Collect?
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you become a member; make a purchase; access and use our Services; create an online account or profile; sign up for or participate in contests, promotions, sweepstakes, customer experience research, surveys, mailing lists, or events; engage with us via social media platforms; and when you email, call, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, business name, federal tax identification number, postal address, phone number, email address, ZIP code, fax number, information about your business, and any other information you choose to provide. If you make a purchase from us, we work with third party payment processors to collect and process your payment information.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you decide to purchase and ship products to a customer. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests unless they separately engage with us or consent to receive communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically. When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect certain information about you, including:
- Transaction Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We obtain information about the device you use to access our Services and your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, hardware model, operating system and app version, mobile network information, IP address, unique device identifiers, access times, pages viewed, items placed in your cart, links clicked, browsing behavior, and the webpage you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Audio Recordings: If you contact customer service by phone, we may monitor and retain those conversations, including for training purposes.
- Precise Geolocation Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Location Information subsection within the What Are Your Privacy Rights and Choices section below for details).
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also receive information about you from other sources. For example:
- We collect demographic information and information about consumer preferences, interests, and opinions from data analytics and advertising partners.
- If you create an account or access our Services using credentials from a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook), we have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, email address, friends list, and public profile information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that platform.
- We collect content you disclose publicly in connection with our products, services, including photos, videos, and profile information.
Information We Infer or Derive About You. We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may infer that you are looking to purchase other products based on your website browsing behavior and past purchases, or we may use your IP address to draw inferences about your approximate location.
How Does Animal Supply Use Your Personal Information?
We use the information we collect about you to provide the products and services you request and to customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- facilitate and improve your shopping experience;
- communicate with you about your relationship with Animal Supply (including information about special offers only available to approved retail partners);
- provide, deliver, and develop new products and services, process transactions and returns, and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- manage your accounts with us, provide technical support (including to debug and troubleshoot), and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support messages, and other transactional or relationship messages;
- detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents, fraudulent transactions, and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activities and help protect the rights and property of Animal Supply and others;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about Animal Supply and partner products, services, offers, surveys and customer experience research, news, events, and other information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of promotional communications, please see the Promotional Communications subsection of the What Are Your Privacy Rights and Choices? section below);
- comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services, stores, and experiences;
- tailor the content and information that we send or display to you, offer location customization and personalized recommendations, help, and instructions, and otherwise personalize your experience while using our Services;
- target advertisements to you on third-party platforms and websites (for more information and to opt out, please see the What About Analytics Services Provided by Others? section below);
- facilitate contests, promotions and sweepstakes, and process and deliver entries, rewards, and prizes; and
- carry out any other purpose conveyed to you at the time the information was collected.
What About Analytics Services Provided by Others?
How Does Animal Supply Disclose Your Personal Information?
In certain circumstances, we disclose (or permit others to directly collect) information about you. The list below describes when and to whom we disclose the categories of personal information described in the What Personal Information Does Animal Supply Collect? section above:
- with service providers, vendors, contractors, or agents who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf, such as those that assist us with our business and internal operations like shipping and delivery, rentals, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, surveys and market research, experiences and events, personalization, data enrichment, analytics, marketing, and advertising;
- at your direction, including when you share actions you take on the Services with social media, and vice versa, or otherwise direct Animal Supply to disclose your personal information to a third party;
- in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, joint venture, corporate reorganization, insolvency or bankruptcy, financing or sale of company assets;
- if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement or national security requirements;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service or other agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Animal Supply, our members, our customers, or any other persons;
- between and among Animal Supply and any current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other entities under common control and ownership; and
- with your consent.
We also disclose aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. Animal Supply processes, maintains, and uses this information only in a de-identified fashion and will not attempt to re-identify such information, except as permitted by law.
Where Does Animal Supply Process and Store Your Information?
We are based in the United States and process and store personal information on servers located in the U.S.
What Are Your Privacy Rights and Choices?
Access, Correction, and Deletion. Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to (1) request to know more about and access the personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) request correction of inaccurate personal information.
To request access, correction, or deletion of your personal information, submit this form or contact 800.323.2963. You can also access, correct, or delete certain information stored within your online account at any time by logging into your online account and updating your information.
We may verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as information regarding a recent purchase. If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us at email@example.com. If you have concerns about the results of an appeal, you may contact the attorney general in the state where you reside.
Opting Out of Targeted Advertising, Sharing, and Sales. As described in the What About Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others? section above, we process personal information to understand and improve your experience with our Services and to serve you advertisements on non-Animal Supply properties. Some of these activities may be considered “sales” or “sharing” of your personal information or “targeted advertising” under certain privacy laws. Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to opt out of targeted advertising, sharing, and sales of your personal information. You can do so by contacting us using the webform available here
Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Animal Supply by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your purchases, account, membership, or our ongoing business relations, including information about your rewards and our initiatives and activities.
Location Information. When you first launch any of our mobile apps that collect precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the app’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of such location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Are There Additional Disclosures for Individuals Located in California?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to explain some information using certain definitions and categories set out in the CCPA. If you reside in California, this section applies to you and describes our data practices today and in the preceding 12 months.
California Categories of Personal Information. We collect the following: identifiers (such as your name, email address, or IP address), characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law (such as your age and other demographic information), commercial information (such as records of products purchased), Internet or electronic network activity information (such as browsing history and information about your activities on our Services), geolocation data (such as city of residence), audio (such as phone recordings when you call customer service), professional and employment related information, and other categories that relate to or are reasonably capable of being associated with you. For more details about the precise data points we collect and the sources of such collection, see the What Personal Information Does Animal Supply Collect? section above.
Selling and Sharing. We do not knowingly sell or share personal information about consumers regardless of age.
Retention. We store personal information associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. If you close your account, we will delete your account data; otherwise, we will delete your account data after a period of inactivity. We store other personal information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other business purposes explained in this Policy.
Purposes for Processing. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the How Does Animal Supply Use Your Personal Information? section above.
Categories of Recipients. We make disclosures to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information
|Categories of Recipients
|Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or U.S. Law
|Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
|Audio, Electronic, or Visual Information
|Personal Information Described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code
Your Rights. Please see the What Are Your Privacy Rights and Choices? section above for more information about your privacy rights and how to exercise them.
If you are submitting a rights request as an authorized agent, you are required to submit proof of your authorization to make the request, such as a valid power of attorney or proof that you have signed permission from the individual who is the subject of the request. Please do not provide any sensitive personal information in connection with this request, such as a driver’s license or other government-issued ID. In some cases, we may be required to contact the individual who is the subject of the request to verify his or her own identity or confirm you have permission to submit this request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request to access, correction, or deletion of your personal information, submit this form or contact 800.323.2963.
Notice of Financial Incentives. We offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts, gift cards, or other benefits to customers who sign up to receive our marketing emails or participate in a survey. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (like your name and email address) and commercial information (like your purchase history). You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up or participation instructions provided, and, for any ongoing benefits, you have the ability to opt-out at any time, such as by following the unsubscribe instructions in our promotional emails or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
How Can You Contact Us?
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Policy or about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com or contact 800.323.2963.
ANIMAL SUPPLY CO. TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Updated: July 2, 2021
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the websites and other online products and services (collectively, our “Services”) provided by Animal Supply Company, LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively “Animal Supply” or “we”). By clicking “I Accept,”accessing or using the Services you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, including the mandatory arbitration provision and class action waiver in Section 11, do not access or use our Services.
In addition to these Terms, we may ask you to accept additional terms that apply to specific features, products or services. To the extent any additional terms conflict with these Terms, the additional terms govern with respect to your access to or use of the applicable feature, product or service.
If you have any questions about these Terms or our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be at least 13 years of age to access or use our Services. If you are under 18 years of age (or the age of legal majority where you live), you may only access or use our Services under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to be bound by these Terms. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a user under the age of 18 (or the age of legal majority), you agree to be fully responsible for the acts or omissions of such user in connection with our Services. If you are accessing or using our Services on behalf of another person or entity, you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person or entity’s behalf and that the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or the other person or entity violates these Terms.
2. User Accounts and Account Security
You may need to register for an account to access some or all of our Services. If you register for an account, you must provide accurate account information and promptly update this information if it changes. You also must maintain the security of your account and promptly notify us if you discover or suspect that someone has accessed your account without your permission. If you permit others to use your account credentials, you are responsible for the activities of such users that occur in connection with your account.
3. Acceptable Use
You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while accessing or using our Services. You will not:
- Engage in any harassing, threatening, intimidating, predatory or stalking conduct;
- Use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from that user and Animal Supply;
- Use our Services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services;
- Attempt to circumvent any content-filtering techniques we employ or attempt to access any feature or area of our Services that you are not authorized to access;
- Develop or use any third-party applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent;
- Use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Services or to extract data; or
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
4. Limited License; Copyright and Trademark
Our Services and the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, slogans and other content contained therein (collectively, the “Animal Supply Content”) are owned by or licensed to Animal Supply and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, Animal Supply and our licensors reserve all rights in and to our Services and the Animal Supply Content. You are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services and Animal Supply Content for your own personal and business use; however, such license is subject to these Terms and does not include any right to (a) sell, resell or commercially use our Services or Animal Supply Content; (b) copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display Animal Supply Content, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors; (c) modify the Animal Supply Content, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative uses of our Services or Animal Supply Content; (d) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; and (e) use our Services or Animal Supply Content other than for their intended purposes. Any use of our Services or Animal Supply Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein.
Any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information you submit about Animal Supply or our products or Services (collectively, “Feedback”), is non-confidential and will become the sole property of Animal Supply. We will own exclusive rights, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, in and to Feedback and will be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Animal Supply, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Animal Supply Parties”) from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims“)arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of our Services; (b) your Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (e) your conduct in connection with our Services. You agree to promptly notify Animal Supply Parties of any third party Claims, cooperate with Animal Supply Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees). You also agree that the Animal Supply Parties will have control of the defense or settlement of any third party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Animal Supply or the other Animal Supply Parties.
We do not control, endorse or take responsibility for any third-party content available on or linked to by our Services.
Your use of our Services is at your sole risk. Our Services are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Animal Supply does not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While Animal Supply attempts to make your access to and use of our Services safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services.
8. Limitation of Liability
Animal Supply and the other Animal Supply Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if Animal Supply or the other Animal Supply Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The total liability of Animal Supply and the other Animal Supply Parties, for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to the greater of (i) amount paid, if any, by you to access or use our Services; or (ii) $100.
The limitations set forth in this section will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud or intentional misconduct of Animal Supply or the other Animal Supply Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release Animal Supply and the other Animal Supply Parties from responsibility, liability, claims, demands, and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown (including, but not limited to, claims of negligence), arising out of or related to disputes between users and the acts or omissions of third parties. You expressly waive any rights you may have under California Civil Code § 1542 as well as any other statute or common law principles that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
10. Transfer and Processing Data
By accessing or using our Services, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information about you in and to the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
11. Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration
Please read the following section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Animal Supply and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
Except for small claims disputes in which you or Animal Supply seek to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or Animal Supply seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged unlawful use of intellectual property, you and Animal Supply waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services resolved in court. Instead, all disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services will be resolved through confidential binding arbitration held in Dallas County, Texas in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Rules“) of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (“JAMS“), which are available on the JAMS website and hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the rules of JAMS or waive your opportunity to read the rules of JAMS and any claim that the rules of JAMS are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
You and Animal Supply agree that any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services is personal to you and Animal Supply and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual arbitration and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding.
You and Animal Supply agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 11 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the JAMS Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court; provided, however, that the arbitrator does not have the authority to conduct a class arbitration or a representative action, which is prohibited by these Terms. The arbitrator may only conduct an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual. You and Company agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee and Company will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Company, Company will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and Animal Supply agree that the state or federal courts of the State of Texas and the United States sitting in Dallas County, Texas have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award.
Any claim arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services must be filed within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, the claim is permanently barred, which means that you and Animal Supply will not have the right to assert the claim.
You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within thirty (30) days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 11 by emailing email@example.com. In order to be effective, the opt out notice must include your full name and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve Disputes in accordance with Section 12.
12. Governing Law and Venue
These Terms will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without reference to its principles relating to conflicts of law. Animal Supply and you agree that venue for any dispute, obligation or action of any kind arising hereunder will be in Dallas County, Texas, or the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, and both Animal Supply and you irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such state and federal courts for any dispute hereunder or action on any obligation hereunder and agree not to commence or prosecute any suit, proceeding or claim hereunder, except in the aforementioned courts.
13. Changes to these Terms
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will post the amended Terms to our Services and update the “Last Updated” date above. We may also attempt to notify you by [sending an email notification to the address associated with your account or providing an email notice]. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately and your continued access to and use of our Services after we provide notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop accessing and using our Services.
We reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to access or use our Services. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Animal Supply relating to your access to and use of our Services. The failure of Animal Supply to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.